Interested in knowing more?
- Use cotton cloth tote bags until they wear out to make up for the resources it takes to manufacture and transport them.
- Tote bags can be made from other materials besides cotton cloth; long lasting tote bags are also made from a light weight woven synthetic material which minimizes resource usage.
- Plastic disposable bags that you're given to bring home groceries can be reused for your small garbage cans in place of purchased plastic disposable bags.
- The big problem for wildlife is that many plastic bags find their way outside, snagged in trees and floating on creeks, then rivers, all the way to the ocean. Besides being unpleasant to look at, they are mistaken for food by animals.
- According to the Center For Biodiversity, plastic bags kill over 100,000 marine animals each year (2020).